This little book is a parable about how to do well in business but I'd say applies equally well to how to do well in life. The five tips are:
1) your true worth is determined by how much more you give in value than you take in payment
2) your income is determined by how many people you serve and how well you serve them
3) your influence is determined by how abundantly you place other people's interests first
4) the most valuable gift you have to offer is yourself (the law of authenticity)
5) the key to effective giving is to stay open to receiving
The book is fun, and comes across as kind of hoky, with not a single scientific study to back up its claims, but nevertheless I found it entirely convincing and figured I should read it every night for a week to see if I could get it into my head. The principles are biblical, although there's no mention of the Bible or religion. You just kinda know that if you'd operate this way, it would work.
Post a Comment