May 21, 2011

Mini Shopaholic

I would not be true to myself if I didn't review this extremely silly latest Shopaholic book by Sophie Kinsella. But now that I've begun, I realize - what does one actually say about a Shopaholic book? It's ridiculous, unrealistic, and, if you suspend disbelief and hang in there, it is guaranteed to make you giggle. This one has the usual elements: the awesome, highly successful but distracted husband, the impulsive shopping sprees, the rich friends, and the party of a lifetime. The "Mini" of the title is Minnie, the main character Rebecca's two-year-old daughter, also of course learning in every way to be a shopaholic. The book cleverly leaves at least two major unresolved issues, ensuring that I (and I assume legions like me) will watch out like a hawk for the next in the series. As a stress-buster or a beach read, Shopaholic is the best escape I can think of.

No comments:

Post a Comment